You are here
ICT-irst is organized into three Research Lines (RL) and three High Impact Initiatives (HII)
Research Lines (RL)
The Research Lines group units and research projects with different expertise but having common themes and challenges, in order to create a shared direction, language, approach, infrastructure and technologies, while promoting the synergy between groups and fostering the interdisciplinary research to address ambitious scientific and technological challenges.
- Cognitive Computing : systems that naturally learn and interact with humans in complex environments.
- Complex Data Analytics : systems able to analyze big data and transform the restless streams of data in value, knowledge and decision capability.
- Adaptive, Reliable and Secure Systems : reliable and secure systems that operate in open, distributed, dynamic and unpredictable environments.
High Impact Initiatives aim at impacting on territory, market and society in a systematic and proactive way, integrating research with business and impact on territory.
- Smart Community : to create a community with more effective services tailored to the citizens by experiencing innovative ways of communication between citizens and government, new ways of service delivery to citizens, and new forms of collaboration.
- Health & Well Being : to create health systems based on the combination of the digitization of health services with individual data.
- Future Media : to develop new solutions able to manage media content (based on text, images, video, semantic annotations) in complementary and integrated ways