The Bruno Kessler Center in Information and Communication Technology (FBK-ICT Irst Center) focuses on high quality research with impact to market and society.
FBK- ICT Irst (formerly simply called IRST) is an internationally renowned center established in 1986 for conducting research on Artificial Intelligence (AI). It was the first center in Italy fully dedicated to AI and it is still the Italian research center most recognized internationally in the field of AI. FBK ICT has extended its competences to data science, security and safety, dependable systems, formal methods and software engineering.
- Ranked as the first center in research quality by the National Evaluation of Research
- 60+ researchers with high H-index (above 20)
- 12 researchers with the National Habilitation as full professors
- 240 European projects since 2007, 35+ Millions Euros of funds from the EU
- Partner of EIT Digital, the European Institute in Innovation and Technology (Chair of the Italian Node)
- Partner of the EIT Climate-KIC, the EU’s main climate innovation initiative
- Industrial projects with key players, e.g., Boeing , eBay, Eni Saipem, Amazon, Google, …
- Joint labs (co-located and co-funded research and innovation laboratories) with
- DedaGroup, one of the largest Information Technology group backed by Italian capital
- Fiat Chrysler Automotive (FCA), the major Italian Automotive Company
- GFT Technologies SE, one of the major multinational corporation in Fintech
- Istituto Poligrafico della Zecca di Stato (IPZF) – State Mint and Polygraphic Institute
- Poste Italiane (The main Italian Postal Services Provider, one of the major providers of financial services in Italy)
- Artificial Intelligence
- Data Science
- Smart Cities and Communities
- Health and Well Being
- Smart Digital Industry.