Health and Wellbeing
Empowering people. Bringing the future of healthcare system.
The Health & Wellbeing high-impact initiative (HII-H&WB) plays an important role as an aggregator of the Artificial Intelligence skills existing in a number of Units at FBK’s ICT center (HLT-NLP, PDI, DPCS, ICT4G and NIlab) linked to healthcare and health, fostering close collaboration between research groups and innovation laboratories.
Designing and implementing technology platforms based on artificial intelligence (AI) techniques to make citizens more acquainted managers when it comes to their health and treatment and a more active partner in their interactions with health professionals.
Making the most significant results of the research and innovation activity carried out within FBK and TrentinoSalute4.0 tangible by developing technology platforms for the healthcare system that will provide innovative patient-centered and AI technology-driven services.
The value of the activities conducted can be described in more detail as follows:
- for FBK: starting a virtuous cycle to transfer research results into the real world and at the same time receive incentives for new research activities;
- for citizens: receiving help to manage their health and treatment more effectively;
for healthcare providers: receiving support in redefining new organizational models enabled by new technologies capable of delivering more efficient and sustainable next-generation health services;
- for the Province of Trento healthcare system: becoming a leading locally-based laboratory nationally and in Europe for the development, field validation and deployment into clinical practice of new AI-based platforms;
- for IT companies: receiving support through joint laboratories and shared projects with FBK and TrentinoSalute4.0 to improve their competitive capacity.
The development of this Strategic Action is based on the following aspects:
- the long experience of the FBK ICT center in the development of skills in the Artificial Intelligence domain;
- the FBK ICT center’s approach, based on close collaboration between research groups and design and development laboratories, capable of activating the whole chain that, starting from design, also includes the validation and engineering of technology platforms;
- the recent establishment of the Trentino Salute 4.0 Center for Digital Health by PAT, APSS and FBK, with the aim, on the one hand, of strengthening the collaboration between the FBK research system and the healthcare system to experiment and validate new technological solutions and, on the other hand, to facilitate the transition from “experimental technology” platforms to “service platforms” in the healthcare system.
- AI platforms to support the health and treatment of citizens;
- Big Data in healthcare;
- Healthcare Service innovation and Technology Transfer.