Alessio Brutti - SpeechTek
- Researcher SpeechTek (ST)
- multichannel audio processing
- digital speech processing
- audio-video processing
Alessio Brutti is a tenured researcher at FBK on multi-channel speech processing. After graduating in Telecommunication engineering at the University of Padova in 2001, in 2003 he joined FBK-irst being part of the SHINE research unit. In 2007 he completed his PhD in Computer Science at University of Trento. His activities focus mainly on digital audio processing based for: speaker verification and recognition, speech enhancement, source localization and acoustic scene analysis; in particular in multi-channel recordings. Recently, he has been investigating on multi-modal signal processing for audio-video person tracking and for biometrics.
He has authored more than 50 publications on top ranked international journals and conferences.
- X. Qian, A. Brutti, O. Lanz, M. Omologo, A. Cavallaro, “Multi-speaker tracking from an audio-visual sensing device”, IEEE Transactions on Multimedia, 2019
- A. Brutti, A. Cavallaro, “On-line cross-modal adaptation for audio-visual person identification with wearable cameras”, IEEE Transactions on Human-Machine Systems, 2016 [PDF]
- A. Brutti, M. Matassoni, “On the relationship between Early-to-Late Ratio of Room Impulse Responses and ASR performance in reverberant environments”, Speech Communication, September 2015
- A. Brutti, F. Nesta, “Tracking of multidimensional TDOA for mutliple sources with distributed microphone pairs”, Computers, Speech and Languages, Volume 27, Issue 3, May 2013
- A. Brutti, P. Svaizer, M. Omologo, “An Environment aware ML estimation of acoustic radiation pattern with distributed microphone pairs”, Signal Processing, Volume 93, Issue 4, April 2013
- A. Brutti, L. Cristoforetti, W. Kellermann, L. Marquardt and M. Omologo, “WOZ Acoustic Data Collection For Interactive TV”, Language Resources and Evaluation Journal, Special Issue LREC2008, Volume 44, Issue 3, September 2010
- A. Brutti, M. Omologo and P. Svaizer, “Multiple Source Localization based on Acoustic Map De-Emphasis”, EURASIP, Journal on Audio, Speech, and Music Processing, 2010 [PDF]
Conferences,Workshops and Book Chapters:
- O. Lanz, A. Brutti, A. Xompero, X. Qian, M. Omologo, A. Cavallaro, “Accurate target annotation in 3D from multimodal streams”, ICASSP, 2019.
- A. Cavallaro and A. Brutti, “Chapter 5: Audio-visual learning for body-worn cameras”, in Edited Book “Multimodal Behaviour Analysis in the Wild”, Editors, X. Alameda-Pineda, N. Sebe, E. Ricci, Elsevier, 2018.
- P. Pertilä, A. Brutti, P. Svaizer, and M. Omologo, “Multichannel Source Activity Detection, Localization, and Tracking”, in Edited Book “Audio Source Separation and Speech Enhancement”, Editors, E. Vincent, T. Virtanen, S. Gannot, Wiley, 2018.
- X. Qian, A. Xompero, A. Brutti, O. Lanz, M. Omologo, A. Cavallaro, “3D MOUTH TRACKING FROM A COMPACT MICROPHONE ARRAY CO-LOCATED WITH A CAMERA”, ICASSP, 2018,[PDF]
- A. Brutti, A. Cavallaro, “Unsupervised cross-modal deep-model adaptation for audio-visual re-identification with wearable cameras”, ICCV Workshop CVAVM, 2017 [PDF]
- M. Matassoni, A. Brutti, D. Falavigna, “Optimizing DNN adaptation for recognition of enhanced speech”, Interspeech 2017 [PDF]
- X. Qian, A. Brutti, M. Omologo, A. Cavallaro, “3D Audio-visual Speaker Tracking with an Adaptive Particle Filter”, ICASSP 2017
- P. Pertila, A. Brutti, “Increasing the environment-awareness of rake beamforming for directive acoustic sources”, IWAENC 2016 [Poster]
- A. Brutti, A. Tsiami, N. Katsamanis, P. Maragos, “A Phase-Based Time-Frequency masking for multi-channel speech enhancement in domestic environments”, Interspeech, 2016 [PDF]
- A. Brutti, A. Abad, “Multi-channel i-vector combination for robust speaker verification in multi-room domestic environments”, Speaker Odissey, 2016 [PDF]
- J. Correia, A. Brutti, A. Abad, “Multi-channel speaker verification based on total variability modelling”, Interspeech 2015 [PDF]
- P. Giannoulis et al. “Multi-room speech activity detection using a distributed microphone network in domestic environments”, EUSIPCO 2015 [PDF]
- A. Brutti, M. Matassoni, “On the use of Early-to-Late Reverberation Ratio for ASR in reverberant environments”, ICASSP 2014
- A. Brutti,M. Ravanelli, P. Svaizer and M. Omologo, “A speech event detection and localization task for multiroom environments”, HSCMA 2014
- M. Matassoni, A. Brutti, P. Svazier, “Acoustic modeling based on Early-to-Late Reverberation Ratio for robust ASR”, IWAENC 2014
- A. Brutti, M. Omologo, “Geometric Contamination for GMM/UBM speaker verification in reverberant environments”, Interspeech 2013 [PDF]
- P. Svaizer, A. Brutti, M. Omologo, “Environment Estimation of the Orientation of Acoustic Sources using a Line Array”, EUSIPCO 2012 [PDF]
- A. Brutti, P. Svaizer, M. Omologo, “Maximum A Posteriori Trajectory Estimation for Acoustic Source Tracking”, IWAENC 2012
- F. Nesta and A. Brutti, “Self-clustering non-Euclidean kernels for improving the estimation of multidimensional TDOA of multiple sources”, HSCMA 2011
- P. Svaizer, A. Brutti, M. Omologo, “Use of reflected wavefronts for acoustic source localization with a line array”, HSCMA 2011
- A. Brutti, M. Omologo and P. Svaizer, “Inference of Acoustic Source Directivity Using Environment Awareness”, EUSIPCO 2011 [PDF]
- A. Brutti and F. Nesta, “Multiple Source Tracking by Sequential Posterior Kernel Density Estimation Through GSCT”, EUSIPCO 2011 [PDF]
- A. Brutti and O. Lanz, “A joint particle filter to track the position and head orientation of people using audio visual cues”, EUSIPCO 2010 [PDF]
- P. Svaizer, A. Brutti, M. Omologo, “Analysis of reflected wavefronts by means of a line microphone array”, IWAENC 2010
- A. Brutti, M. Omologo, P. Svaier, “A Sequential Monte Carlo Approach for Tracking of Overlapping Acoustic Sources”, EUSIPCO 2009 [PDF]
- L. Marquardt, P. Svaizer et al., “A natural acoustic front-end for Interactive TV in the EU-Project DICIT”, Pacific Rim Conference 2009
- A. Brutti, M. Omologo, P. Svaizer, “Localization of multiple speakers based on a two step acoustic map analysis”, IEEE ICASSP 2008, March 30-April 4, Las Vegas, USA.
- A. Brutti, M. Omologo, P. Svazier, “Comparison between different sound source localization techniques based on a real data collection”, HSCMA, May 2008, Trento
- A. Brutti, L. Cristoforetti et al, “WOZ acoustic Data Collection For Interactive TV”, LREC 2008, May, Marrakech, Morocco.
- A. Brutti, M. Omologo, P. Svaizer, “Classification of Acoustic Maps to determine speaker position and orientation from a distributed microphone network”, ICASSP 2007, April 15-19, Honolulu, Hawaii, USA.
- A. Brutti, M. Omologo, P. Svaizer, “Localizzazione di parlatori con una rete distribuita di microfoni”, 34 Convegno AIA, June 13-15, Firenze, Italy
- A. Brutti, M. Omologo, P. Svaizer, “A PATTERN CLASSIFICATION APPROACH TO SOUND SOURCE LOCALIZATION”, Workshop Toni Mian, Padova, October 2007
- A. Brutti, M. Omologo, P.G. Svaizer, “Estimation of talker’s head orientation based on Oriented Global Coherence Field”, 120th Audio Engineering Society, May 20-23, 2006, Paris.
- A. Brutti, M. Omologo, P.G. Svaizer, “Speaker Localization based on Oriented Global Coherence Field”, Interspeech 2006, September 17-21, 2006, Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania, USA.
- A. Brutti, M. Omologo, P.G. Svaizer, “Oriented global coherence field for the estimation of the head orientation in smart rooms equipped with distributed microphone arrays”. Eurospeech 2005, Lisboa.
- M. Omologo, P.G. Svaizer, A. Brutti, L. Cristoforetti, “Speaker Localization in CHIL lectures: Evaluation Criteria and Results”. MLMI/NIST Evaluation 2005, Edimburgh.
- PhD Thesis: “Distributed Microphone Networks for Sound Source Localization in Smart Rooms”, Trento, March 2007
- A. Brutti and O. Lanz, “An Audio-Visual Particle Filter for Monitoring Interactive People Behaviour”, PRAI*HBA, December 2009, Reggio Emilia.
- A. Brutti, “A Person tracking system for CHIL meetings”, CLEAR 2007, Baltimore, USA, April 2007
- R. Brunelli, A. Brutti, P. Chippendale, O. Lanz, M. Omologo, P. Svaizer, F. Tobia, “A Generative Approach to Audio-Visual Person Tracking”, CLEAR’06 Evaluation Workshop, April 6-7, 2006, Southampton, UK.
- A. Brutti, M. Omologo et all, “On The Development of an In-Car interation system at IRST”, SWIM, Maui Hawai, January, 12-14 2004.
- A. Brutti, M. Omologo et all, “Use of Multiple Speech Recognition Units in a In-car Assistance System”, invited contribution, chapter 6, in “DSP for Vehicle and Mobile Systems”, Kluwer publishers.