Positions for Master Thesis Students
The NLP Research Unit welcomes bachelor/master students interested in carrying out projects or stages in the Natural Language Processing research area.
Eventual financial support will be considered case by case, also considering existing agreements between FBK and the university of the student. Interested candidates should get in contact with the researchers of the NLP Research Unit and put the string “NLP Application” in the subject of their e-mail.
We offer opportunities for carrying out small or medium size projects in the NLP field.
The following tasks are part of the thesis work:
- analysis and implementation of new approaches in NLP
- analysis and development of linguistic resources
- development of demonstration systems
- testing of algorithms, including experimental setup and data preparation
- running experiments on large-scale tasks
The candidates are expected:
- to have a basic background in computational linguistics
- to have interest in carrying out experimental research
- to have attitude to multidisciplinary work
- for projects requiring implementation, to have good programming skills
Descriptions of available projects will be shown on appointment.